People who know me well know that I’m a pretty happy person. I tend to look at the glass half-full. Does that make me cheerful? Bubbly? Nah, not so much. Because I can see all the bumps in the road before I reach my destination, and I like to grumble about those. So when my writer friend Kathy Palm listed me for a Sunshine Blogger Award, I decided to go with it and enjoy.
Kathy is one of those really chill, positive people I consider myself lucky to know. She calls herself weird. I think of her as cool. But she has her dark side, too. I mean, she loves to read and write horror, and that has to come from somewhere, right? On top of that, she writes YA fantasy, so she’s a woman of many talents. You can find her blog here: https://findingfaeries.wordpress.com/ and she’s on twitter: @KathleenPalm
As part of the award she gave me, I have to answer a list of questions. Here goes:
- Kissing? No kissing? Romance makes Kathy squirm:) But that’s what I’m writing now, so I say pucker up, snuggle up, and well… see where things go.
- Will you watch a horror movie with me? Does SNOW WHITE count? There’s a mean step-mother and a dragon. No? Well, I can do creepy and dark, but slasher movies and anything too intense is too much for me. I just watched REVENANT with Nate this week, and talk about brutal. I’m pretty much a weinie.
- Cake or pie? Love ’em both, but I’d have to say cake, especially if it’s a torte or has a great filling.
- Sunrise or sunset? Does morning start with sunrise? I’m not an early bird. That’s why I love the moon.
- Winter, spring, summer, or fall? I love them all. I’d miss the seasons if I didn’t have them, but there’s something about watching flowers bloom and grass green after a long winter. I’m so ready for the earth to wake up again! Hello, spring!
- What are you reading now? I’m critiquing a manuscript for another writer friend, Karen Lenfestey. She writes women’s fiction–serious stuff. I love her novels, but I’d never be able to write them, so it’s fun to edit them. You can find Karen’s novels here: http://www.amazon.com/Karen-Lenfestey/e/B004SBIK2M/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1468696386&sr=1-1
- What is your greatest talent? I’d love to say writing, but the truth is, I think my greatest talent is probably cooking for people. I love to feed friends and family, and I’m always collecting new recipes to try. It makes me happy to cook a meal that someone loves to eat.
- What was your best day ever? Yikes! That’s a tough one. Some of my best times are travelling with my husband and our kids or grandkids. Heck, I have a great time travelling with my sisters, friends, and brother-in-law, too. I guess I like to get away from routine once in a while to travel and visit with people I like.
- Roller coasters or merry-go-round? Ten years ago, it would be roller coasters. Now? I’d rather wave as other people whiz past me.
- Camping or hotel? I don’t leave home to wash dishes. Definitely hotel.
- Will you be my friend forever? For you, Kathy, YES!
Okay, by now, you probably know more about me than you ever wanted to know. Now, I’m supposed to nominate other people who I think spread joy and give them a list of questions. I also know that most of my writer friends are pinched for time and have deadlines, so I’ll make both lists short, and if they can’t get to their Sunshine Award, they’ll know I think they deserve one!
Mary Lou Rigdon, who writes Regency romances that I love, love, love! https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1?ie=UTF8&text=Julia+Donner&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=Julia+Donner&sort=relevancerank
Rachel Roberts who writes literary fiction and has such a subtle, rich voice, she makes me jealous: http://www.rachelsroberts.com/
Kyra Jacobs who’s unfailingly nice and supportive and writes great books: http://www.amazon.com/Kyra-Jacobs/e/B00E5PIJ04/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1468699404&sr=1-2-ent
Mae Clair, whom I’ve never met, but is supportive and warm and wonderful. http://www.amazon.com/Mae-Clair/e/B009I61ND0/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1468699558&sr=1-2-ent
I have many more, but I’ll stop here. I know for sure that some of my friends are swamped right now, so I won’t add more “to do” things to their lists. Now, for the questions:
- Wine or beer?
- Your favorite food?
- If you could transport back in time and WATCH a moment of history, what would it be?
- If you won a trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you could be any author in the world, past or present, besides yourself, who would you be? And why?
- Cats, dogs, or guinea pigs?
- Your favorite movie?
There. Only 7–like the 7 deadly sins:) Easy! I think you’re all awesome! Happy writing!