Story Empire has great links for writers! I always find one or more that interest me. Enjoy!
Happy Friday, SE Readers. It’s time for another round of writing tips we’ve found around the web. If you haven’t read Mae’s post, Understanding Tribes on Triberr, and Staci’s post, Classic TV as an Inspiration for Contemporary Fiction, be sure to check them out.
And now, for this week’s curated content.
- 4 Ways to Write a Thought-Provoking Mentor Character (K M Weiland)—Part 16 of the Dos and Don’ts of Story Telling
- 10 Things New Writers Should Avoid (From Just Publishing)
- Figures of Speech (fifteen classic devices)
- Character Vulnerabilities (ways to advance and strengthen realistic relationships)
- Backmatter (making the most of the stuff after “the end”)
- Conflict (more than just fighting)
- Midpoint (insights)
- Tough Talk (more than just expletives)
- 35 Famous Writers’ Quotes about Writing (mostly links, a few direct quotes)
- Muddle in the Middle (3 tips to fix the sagging middle of your novel)
- 10 Plot Problems, 10…
View original post 68 more words